Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The first rain

Waking up that morning made me smile bigger than I had since I had arrived. See, I live on the top floor of my house and the window in my room leads to the roof. I had left it cracked the night before because at night you can hear the wind whistling through the trees and sometimes the neighbor playing her chello so passionately that maybe she thinks that no one is listening, but I am. when my eyes opened that morning I heard the trees, whistling as usual, but there was something new. unmistakable. rain drops. dancing on my rooftop.

This is what I have been waiting for.


I climbed outside my window, in my pajamas, sat under the overhang of my roof and watched each lovely drop of rain fall. All the while thanking God for this new life. new adventure. new beginning. new home.

rain makes things grow, so drop sweet rain, so that I may flourish.

No comments:

Post a Comment